Re: MOT information from UK listers

To: "T. .R. Dafforn" <td214@cam.ac.uk>, spitfires <spitfires@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: MOT information from UK listers
From: Dean Rayner <deanr@saville.co.uk>
Date: Fri, 03 Mar 2000 15:54:26 +0000
on 3/3/00 12:41 pm, T. .R. Dafforn at td214@cam.ac.uk spoke forth:

> Just got my car back from the MOT test...
> Passed on most things, failed on few things I thought were dodgy, but
> also failed on some of the welding I had done during restoration..
> In particular the need for seam welding  of the floor pan near the seat
> belt attachment on the prop shaft tunnel...
> Now, I am happy to do this, but surely its a bit academic as the bolt
> attaches the seatbelt to the chassis and not the body tub...

Are you sure??  I could be wrong, but I thought that it bolted to the tub.

AFAIK to satisfy an MOT inspector, all repair sections must be seam welded
where there was previously no join. In other words, spot, stitch and plug
welding can only be used where originally there was spot or plug.

Dean

\_\_\_      \_\_\_      Dean Rayner            Novice -------> Premier
 \_   \_     \_   \_    City of York Scouts  91,92,93,94,95,96,97,98,99,00
  \_   \_     \_\_\_    Anchormen Senior D&BC 99.
   \_\_\_      \_   \_  Kingsmen D&BC '87     Cybercorps '94 - oblivion
   http://www.drayner.demon.co.uk/           ICQ 34023370
     Always respect the judges decision......even if it is wrong!