Re: rear springs

To: "spit" <spitfires@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: rear springs
From: "MikeC" <mikech@sprynet.com>
Date: Sun, 5 Mar 2000 22:18:56 -0700
Wow, I can't imagine dropping the rear of the car almost 5"!  I think I'm
looking for a max of 2".  I did make a spacer today, to go between the
spring and the diff.  I took a 1/2" thick by 4" by 1.75" piece of steel,
drilled a 1/2" hole in the center, cut a 3/4" length of 1/2" rod.  I used
the 1/2" rod as a locating pin on the top of the diff, this held the spacer
in place.  The original locating pin on the spring then fit into the other
side of the hole on the spacer.  The original studs are just long enough for
this. It did indeed drop the rear by 1/2", but its not enough.   This week
I'm going to double up the spacer to get a 1" drop. I'll just weld an
identical spacer to the one I already made.  If this isn't enough, I'll take
the spring to be lowered by 2" or so.
MikeC