Re: electric fuel pump (sorry, i couldn't handle feul anymore)

To: spitfires@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: electric fuel pump (sorry, i couldn't handle feul anymore)
From: "John T. Blair" <jblair@exis.net>
Date: Tue, 07 Mar 2000 18:21:43 -0500
At 04:58 PM 3/7/00 -0500, James Libecco wrote:

>I think the debate about the location of the fuel pump becomes somewhat
>irrelevant when we consider the volume of fuel the spit engine actually
>consumes compared to what an average electric fuel pump can provide.  I
>might be wrong on this but an inefficient pump should still be far able to
>exceed demand.

IMOHO I don't think the placememt is irrelevant.  The further you mount the
pump away from the tank, the more the possibility of vapor lock from heat
soaking.  If you aren't going to drive the car in a warm climate then
you might be correct.  But around here, where temps get to 100 ish, sitting
on black top, in stop and go traffic, can really generate a LOT of heat in
the engine bay and cause vapor lock.

John

Morgan:    www.team.net/www/morgan
Bricklin:  www.bricklin.org