RE: Tyres ... again

To: "'Philip Warburton'" <cplimey@home.com>,
Subject: RE: Tyres ... again
From: "Simmons, Reid W" <reid.w.simmons@intel.com>
Date: Fri, 10 Mar 2000 16:10:14 -0800
Philip;

I have Michelin XZX 165SR13 tires mounted on 5 inch alloy wheels.  The tires
are now almost 19 years old.  The big problem I have had with them is that
the back tires rub the fenders BIG TIME on every little bump in the road and
I find that very annoying.  The clearance between the rubber and the edge of
the fender opening is barley large enough to put your finger in.  I am
thinking of going back to a 155SR13 size or possibly 165R70 on a stock 4.5
inch wheel.

Reid
'79 Spitfire (original owner)