Gsa tank draining - non violent solution

To: <spitfires@autox.team.net>
Subject: Gsa tank draining - non violent solution
From: "Dave Terrick" <dterrick@home.com>
Date: Mon, 13 Mar 2000 09:32:05 -0600
Hi all,

I'm surprised nobody has suggested simply removing the fuel line from the
threaded fitting in the bottom of the tank.  It is readily accessible on my
car with custom exhaust,  but is also likely accessible in stock form.  If
it is designed to "empty" the tank, it should be at the low point already.

In the absence of accessibility, you could also jack up the rear of the car,
disconnect the fuel line at the fuel pump, and let gravity do the work.

You could drive the car for a while (the most obvious solution for a sports
car owner).

BTW, these fixes also work on TR6..... I had put a chevy style fuel filter
below the tank on my '6.... simply remove the pipe and....

Dave T
we don' need no steenken fuel pumps!