Re: on the hook too.

To: "Banbury, Terrence" <Terrence.Banbury@dnr.state.oh.us>,
Subject: Re: on the hook too.
From: Laura.G@141.com (Laura Gharazeddine)
Date: Tue, 14 Mar 2000 08:42:52 -0800
I have a fire extinguisher too-and now I even know how to use it!

When I got Nigel, Dave didn't have time to do the stereo himself, so he sent
the car out to a place around the corner that had some good recommendations.

The forst day I actually drove it, I had my cynical about this being a good
car ex-boyfriend with me and the car died.
So, into the nearest parking lot and a call to Dave who left work and came
down to see what was happening. There wasn't any jiuce in the battery.
Hmmm...he ran over to the local car parts store-two minutes to closing and
got a battery-but it wouldn't fit. So some turning everything thing around
later and it fit and everything seemed ok and we set out-Dave behind me. We
got about 3 blocks when the car died again-but with smoke pouring out from
under the bonnet! In the middle of 5 o'clock traffic. My cynical ex, being
in the restaurant business, isn't phased by little things like fires-he
jumped out and carefully opened the bonnet whilst I jumed out and grabbed
the extinguisher and Dave ran up-all three of us looking at all the
smoke-but no flames! We pushed the car into a gas station parking lot and
Dave called his tow guy. And I realized that I hadn't any idea how to use
the extinguisher! (Duh!)

And the problem with the car? The guy who put the stereo in did a little
re-wiring as he didn't think it looked 'right' and then used the excuse that
it was an old car, so whaddya want? (Yeah, an "old" car-more like a brand
new, old car! as the restoration had been finished only a few months before
and the car had only 200 miles on the resto!)

My lesson? To read the instructions and understand how to use the
extinguisher and never trust someone to install a stereo who doesn't
understand the difference between the wiring diagram for a Spitfire and a
Honda!

Laura

Vita brevis est: rapide agite, vigore strigate!