Bad weekend

To: spitfires <spitfires@autox.team.net>
Subject: Bad weekend
From: Bernhard Rauner <Bernhard.Rauner@noegkk.sozvers.at>
Date: Mon, 20 Mar 2000 11:18:39 +0100
Hi to all listers!

I had not such a beautiful weekend!

Took my spit out for a first test-drive on friday after its winter sleep.
Weather was dry but cold (under 5 ° Celsius). It ran fine for at least 20
Mlles. And then the mystery began. At first the engine refuses to take
throttle, then it misfires.   At idle speed it ran smooth at 900 to 1000 rpm
but on the road when trying to accelerate - no power. I barely came home -
sitting in my car with an engine firing and rattling like an old piece of junk!

Luckily at home I checked the fueltank for to low fuel and the fuel lines for
leakage - no leak there - cleaned the fuel lines and the airfilters, put in a
new fuel filter, checked the spark plugs,  still no success there.

Now I'm ready for some advice! What could probably be the mistake! In the last
4 year I never encountered such a problem - and I had a little trouble with
this baby! Could there be a problem with the fuel? Maybe too high or low ROZ? I
looked in Haynes and they recommend ROZ 97 and higher so I used this type of
fuel for my spit.

Anything you have in mind could be helpful - and the weather is getting better
and better in Austria!

Thanks! Bernhard

'71 MKIV "Masupilami"