NEW Free Auction Site For Triumphs Only

To: "Spitfire List" <spitfires@autox.team.net>
Subject: NEW Free Auction Site For Triumphs Only
From: "Jeff McNeal" <jmcneal@ohms.com>
Date: Sat, 25 Mar 2000 23:34:02 -0800
Dear fellow listers and Triumph Spitfire enthusiasts:

As a service to all of you who have been so helpful and supportive with my
ongoing restoration project, I have just created a totally FREE auction page
on my site for the purpose of buying and selling of all Triumph related
cars, parts and accessories.  I've created auction pages before and the
interface is very easy to use and fun.  Best of all, it's totally free for
both the buyer and the seller.  The Triumph Only Auction contains alot of
the nice features that you'd find on eBay like HTML inclusion for inserting
graphics, user feedback profiles, e-mail notification of yor bid, automatic
outbid notification and bid close notification for both buyers and sellers,
plus some other really nice security features.  I have arranged for
TradeSafe Escrow to provide services for both buyers and sellers for an
added element of security if you're not sure who you're dealing with and
want maximum protection before sending off your money for an item you bid
on.  The TradeSafe service is completely optional -- and unlike the auction,
they DO charge a small processing fee which is not unreasonable.  The buyer
mails TradeSafe Escrow the payment; the seller send the item to the buyer.
As soon as the buyer receives the item as described, then TradeSafe releases
the funds to the seller.

Did I say that The Triumph Only auction service is 100% FREE to buyers and
sellers?  All you have to do is register before posting and item for sale or
bidding on it, but registration is NOT required for browsing.

The site is still undergoing some last minute tweaks, testing and debugging,
but I should have it completely ready by Monday.  Please stop over, take a
peek and let me know what you think.

I know that most will prefer to stick with eBay, but I hope that some of you
will opt to give this auction page a try because unlike eBay, it's FREE to
list and sell, which means more profit in your pocket for your items sold.
If enough people think this is a decent idea, I'll keep it going.

Best wishes,

Jeff in San Diego