Mystery green wire in wiper motor harness

To: spitfires@autox.team.net
Subject: Mystery green wire in wiper motor harness
From: Kevin Rhodes <krhodes1@maine.rr.com>
Date: Tue, 28 Mar 2000 13:37:21 -0500
Ok gang - here is one for you. 77 Spit tub, but who knows on the wiper
motor itself....

While I have my dash out to refinish I am tidying up the wiring. I have a
few connectors that need to be replaced, etc. I have found that I have a
dangling wire that goes into the wire bundle that goes to the wiper motor -
it is solid green, no stripe. I can't find another end, though it is the
same color as the wires going into the four way bullet connector that feeds
the heater motor. I have the Haynes Spitfire manual, but I can't make heads
or tails of the wiring diagram. Where does it go? it is on the wiper motor
end, so I don't think it will have any current in it. I can't hook the
battery up to test because EVERYTHING is hanging out of the dash - wouldn't
want to let the magic smoke out! ;-)

Possibly (but not necessarily) related - my wipers do not self park. When I
replaced my wiper switch a couple years ago I discovered that the PO had
cut one wire in the switch harness. When I connected up the new switch I
found I had wipers on whenever the ignition was on. Clipping (actually
removed it from the connector block so I can fix it someday) that same wire
cured it! Wierd. Does this mean I have the wrong wiper motor or what, and
is it related to my mystery green wire?

Thanks!

Kevin Rhodes
Freddy the Spit of many model years