Re: nuisance undercoating

To: "Jeff McNeal" <jmcneal@ohms.com>,
Subject: Re: nuisance undercoating
From: "Patrick Bowen" <pabowen@mediaone.net>
Date: Wed, 29 Mar 2000 23:06:54 -0500
Jeff, a couple issues ago in Grassroots Motorsports someone sent in the
suggestion that, if it works, would be the easiest method of all.  Go buy
about 20 lbs of dry ice.   Smash it all up into fine chunks and spread over
the undercoating.  Supposedly the undercoating will turn brittly hard and
raise up off the metal.  When the Ice dries - there is no mess it has
already evaporated (except for the undercoating, I don't think that will
evaporate :^)  )

I have not tried this, and I do know there are types of undercoating out
there, rubberized and tar based (factory original on spits is tar based)
both have different characteristics.   But I imagine this would work well
for either.  Someone please try this out and tell me if it works (since I
just finished scraping, blasting, and grinding all that crap off my car)

Patrick Bowen