Help and stuff

To: spitfires@autox.team.net
Subject: Help and stuff
From: "Terry L. Thompson" <tlt@digex.net>
Date: Sat, 01 Apr 2000 21:14:13 -0500
I took over the job of Manager Corporate Telecomunications Services. My
employees (who are support staff from a staffing company are making more
money than I am!).

Well $55k a year plus stock options isn't too bad considering I don't
actually have to perform any programming on the switch. <bold>Need a
job?</bold> I need to hire switch tech in July.

(My Nortel guy wants $68k to quit his staffing company to come on board
as an Intermedia employee...and he says that's a $8k pay cut...but here
they won't have him driving all over hell and creation.) You can deal
with working on Nortel crap right? (We've got a support company and it's
all basically the same crap. We're getting the GUI stuff set-up now.)

The guy that does punch downs gets $52k! No switch training!!! I'm in the
wrong job.

On another note, Curtis evidently bought a bunch of crap and was in
charge of it and no one knows how to operate any of it...I got a call
this past week about the TELECONFERENCING equipment we have...and I said
"We have teleconferencing equipment?...Call IS. It's an IP device." I
honestly have no idea though!

I need a question answered regarding your Corvette. That support strut
for the hood...I'm looking at doing the same thing on the spitfire, and
I'm wondering if the corvette strut would be a good replacement.

Question 1 is: Is it a single strut?

Question 2 is: What's it's full extension length measured from the center
of the mountings?

Question 3 is: Can you estimate how long it is when it's fully cumpressed
under the hood? (Measure from the bottom mount and try to visualize the
hood, and guesstimate the distance the strut would be when the hood is
down).

Anyhow. I'm a big bad manager now...In charge of 1270 sets and 3 PBX's
(for now...another 3 are going to be under my control within the next 5
months...Boston, Albany & Syracuse).

-Terry