Gaskets and more

To: spitfires@autox.team.net
Subject: Gaskets and more
From: Thearthurhsmith@cs.com
Date: Sat, 8 Apr 2000 14:55:27 EDT
The suggested foam valve cover gasket is something I won't want to touch.
Especially for an oil (hot oil) gasket. I am looking at getting very soft
neoprene or buna-n and we can try that. I think that the oil pan gasket could
be made from the same material so I will acquire a pair of gaskets to make a
tool from and make some samples. Would anyone be willing to be the tester (ha
ha) to see if the gaskets work? I will make three samples of each and release
them for testing shortly after I get the templates to make the tools.

Also.

I recently became to owner of four Dayton wire wheels hubs and spinners. The
guy I got them from said the DPO never cleaned them or the car. I think the
DPO may have also parked the car in a salt marsh. I have been able to clean
the first except that on one section behind the nipples where they meet the
outside of the rim. There is a pinkish stain and not even the acid based
chrome cleaner will remove it. The question I have is "how do I remove that
stain?" the condition of the rim now  is its an 8 footer, from 8 or more feet
it looks great.