Re: Brembo rotors.

To: "Bowen, Patrick A RP2" <PABowen@sar.med.navy.mil>
Subject: Re: Brembo rotors.
From: Dan Buettner <danb@thelittlemacshop.com>
Date: Wed, 12 Apr 2000 07:30:04 -0500
>I have found a source for Brembo brake rotors and am wondering what the
>difference is between these and stock.  Anyone have an idea.
>
>Patrick Bowen

Patrick --

Some time ago, I purchased a set of 4 Brembo rotors for my parents'
Volvo wagon.  I had always thought they were a good brand.  I
installed them myself, along with pads, over a winter break to save
my folks some money.

They (all 4) became badly warped within 10,000 miles, and when I
inquired with the shop where my dad had taken it to be diagnosed (I
had returned to school), they told me that Brembo had recently been
purchased by another manufacturer and quality had suffered greatly as
a result.

Now, this was probably five or six years ago, so things may have
changed again since then, but I thought I'd bring it to your
attention.  If nothing else, make sure your source offers a good
warranty.

Dan

Dan Buettner  -  Des Moines, Iowa  -  mailto:danb@thelittlemacshop.com

1977 Spitfire, FM64159U, now with an O too. Runs & drives, but shakes
like crazy; needs new tires and a steering/suspension rebuild.
http://home.earthlink.net/~nickndan/gmachine/greenmachine.html

1957 TR3, TS15098L. Needs an O. Undergoing frame-off restoration begun 9/99.
http://home.earthlink.net/~nickndan/TR3/TR3.html

1988 Honda Civic 4WD Wagon. Gets me to work and back home again every day.
No home page. (go figure)