removing body from frame

To: spitfire <spitfires@autox.team.net>
Subject: removing body from frame
From: Chris Pappathopoulos <ctpappathopo@students.wisc.edu>
Date: Thu, 13 Apr 2000 18:05:04 -0500
I hope to replace a floorboard in my Spitfire in about a month. I'm
contemplating whether to do it with the frame and body attached or to
pull the body. I'm wondering how much time it usually takes 2-3 people
to pull the body. I'm assuming I could use an engine hoist to lift the
body off the frame. Could the floorpan then be welded in with the body
still hanging from the hoist (if possible)? Sorry if this is a dumb
question. I've never done body work before.

Thanks
Chris Pappathopoulos
'74 Spitfire 1500
'76 TR7