RE: Midget 1500 gearbox vs Spitfire gearbox

To: "Trevor Boicey" <tboicey@brit.ca>, <spridgets@autox.team.net>,
Subject: RE: Midget 1500 gearbox vs Spitfire gearbox
From: "James Gambony" <BritBits@tiu.net>
Date: Tue, 18 Apr 2000 06:57:44 -0500
Trevor,

The Midget 1500 trans is a "single rail", the earlier box is a "three rail".
Spitfires of the same vintage as the Midget 1500 also got the single rail
tranny.

The short answer is... no, you can't swap them in the midget.  You'd need a
driveshaft that's about 2" longer.

I'd swap you (got 2 or 3 out in the barn).. but the postage would kill both
of us.

Cheers,

Jim
Dallas, TX
"Spitfires and MGB-GTs and Minis, oh my"