Side marker lamp gaskets.

To: <spitfires@autox.team.net>
Subject: Side marker lamp gaskets.
From: "Terry L. Thompson" <tlt@digex.net>
Date: Fri, 21 Apr 2000 12:06:54 -0400
I keep forgetting to write this note.
I went to the shop and picked-up those side marker lamp rubber gaskets about
a week ago.
And they look as though they are the same as for the midget and the Jaguar
XJ-6.

Similar to the ones the spitfire uses, but not nearly has deep and there is
no camber or lean to them. They are an even 3/8" deep around the entire
edge.
And the aluminum trim rings from the spitfire fit perfectly on them.
They cost about $7.50 a piece. And I haven't put them on the car to see how
they look, but I'm not impressed with the look of them. (of course it
couldn't be any worse than the dry-rotted, split gaskets I have on the car
now.)

Sorry for the false alarm.
-Terry L. Thompson
Maryland