RE: Reviving old paint

To: "Patrick Baize" <speedracre@netzero.net>,
Subject: RE: Reviving old paint
From: "Jason K. Cullum" <jcullum@chorus.net>
Date: Fri, 21 Apr 2000 20:51:19 -0500
If your handy with a buffer and have the time, here is how a body shop would
perform the paint resto...

Step 1.   Wash the car, must be very clean!!

2. Use a buffer or a lot of elbow grease and apply sparingly thin coats of
3m liquid rubbing compound, using the buffer, elbow grease, to buff out the
old dead paint.

3. wash car again.

4. repeat step 2 but use 3m machine polish, this will smooth the surface and
make the paint appear deep and rich.

5. Use a high grade carnauba wax, 3M Shop Xclusive is great for this and wax
the car.

It will look like it rolled off the showroom yesterday and the shine will
last longer. I suggested the 3M line because that's the only company I know
of that makes all three products.

Jason