Re: -Spitfire tranny in a GT-6??

To: "N.A. Campiglia III" <spitdrvr@camalott.com>
Subject: Re: -Spitfire tranny in a GT-6??
From: Joe Curry <spitlist@gte.net>
Date: Mon, 01 May 2000 09:41:55 -0700
Nick,
The GT6 transmission has a longer and larger diameter input shaft.  Finding a
shaft for a single rail that is long enough to fi the
deeper GT6 bell housing is going to be difficult.  Having one machined would be
cost prohibitive.

I think your best bet is to have the GT6 one repaired (or do it yourself).
They are relatively simple to overhaul and parts are
readily available (albeit somewhat expensive).

Regards,
Joe