Soundproofing tip

To: <peugeot-l@egroups.com>, spitfires <spitfires@autox.team.net>
Subject: Soundproofing tip
From: Kevin Rhodes <krhodes1@maine.rr.com>
Date: Wed, 03 May 2000 12:59:51 -0400
Hello all,

Thought I would pass on a tip from the Volvo list. Someone posted that
McMaster-Carr (www.mcmaster.com) had a sound dampening product that was the
same as Dynomat for 20% of the cost of Dynomat. I ordered a couple sheets
and can confirm that it is EXACTLY the same product as Dynomat, just
without Dynomat logos printed on it. Cost is ~$12/sheet versus ~$80 sheet
for Dynomat.

On the McMaster website, search for acoustical insulation, it is the high
temperature mastic on the first page. They have several other types as well
- I ordered a qty of the acoustical foam, but that has not come yet.

I will be doing various areas of my 504D this weekend, will report the
results. I used actual Dynomat in my Triumph this spring - it made a big
difference in noise, wish I had known of the generic source a couple months
ago!

Kevin Rhodes
92 505 SW8 - Babbette
85 505S TD - Claudette