Re: Bulk Vinyl

To: Spit list <spitfires@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Bulk Vinyl
From: Roger Elliott <relliott@cjnetworks.com>
Date: Wed, 03 May 2000 23:04:55 -0500
Bill,

I just took my GT6 seats in to an upholster get them redone.  I wanted them to
match the tan interior panels I just bought.  He told me that there was no way
he could match the panels as they were British material so the grain and color
would be off.  Even though he had at least 6 thick books of vinyl nothing
matched.  We finally came up with something close.

I was amazed at the number of selections he had and that none of them matched.

I know this doesn't answer your question.  But the best I can suggest is to take
a sample to a local upholster and see if 1) they are willing to sell bulk vinyl
and 2) if you can go through the books and find the closest match you can.

(In my bookmarks I have this site   http://www.atrim.com/.  I have never dealt
with them but they might be able to match what you want.)

Roger Elliott