Re: stupid engineering

To: vafred@erols.com, triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: stupid engineering
From: "John Reynolds" <jfreynolds@visto.com>
Date: Thu, 04 May 2000 13:52:51 -0700
Fred,

Your example is certainly in the top three engineering gaffes on the Spitfire
platform. My vote for tops in bad design is the plastic trim around the 1500
wind screen. It shrinks in the sunlight and a replacement is virtually
impossible to install. The company was obviously bleeding red ink in those days.

John Reynolds
Houston, Texas
1979 Spitfire FM966640
1967 BSA Spitfire A65SA16748