Dual SU Carbs.

To: "Spitfire" <spitfires@autox.team.net>
Subject: Dual SU Carbs.
From: "Jason K. Cullum" <jcullum@chorus.net>
Date: Sun, 7 May 2000 08:44:32 -0500
Any advise on this would help. My 63 Spitfire wasn't running all that well
and the carbs were nasty with buildup, inside and out. I grabbed the carb
cleaner and went to town on them one at a time, just removing the top,
cleaning that and the lower portion only, leaving the floats alone. What a
difference!!! The car runs great and the vacuum advance is now working
properly. One problem though, Idle. It sucks one minute it is idling at 2000
RPM the next it is at 1000 rpm and very choppy. I have a 1296 out of 69 spit
in the car and am told that it should idle around 1500??? How is this
adjusted? It didn't idle at all before the cleaning, so I'm going in the
right direction!!!

Thanks,
Jason