RE: Was: Oil preferences Now: 1600cc's

To: Bill Miller <millerb@netusa1.net>
Subject: RE: Was: Oil preferences Now: 1600cc's
From: Roger Elliott <relliott@cjnetworks.com>
Date: Thu, 11 May 2000 15:05:37 -0500 (CDT)
As I understand it the Spitfire engine was based on the 948 Herald engine
and was increased to 1500 (boy were those original engines over
engineered).  The Midget ended up using the Spitfire engine mainly because
the MG engine was close to the limits of increased size.

So while 1275 to 1380 and 1500 to 1600 may be the about same percentage
increase, you are really looking at both being increased from 948.

Roger Elliott