Questions???

To: "Spitfire" <spitfires@Autox.Team.Net>
Subject: Questions???
From: "Jason K. Cullum" <jcullum@chorus.net>
Date: Sat, 13 May 2000 09:16:58 -0500
Spitlisters,

I purchased some new parts and they came in yesterday, I'm so excited!!! But
I need some help.

1.) My temp gauge was not working so I tested the sending unit, dead. the
wiring was all OK and power was going to the gauge, so I purchased a new
sending unit, put it in and almost nothing happened, I drove for about 35
minutes, combo of highway and in-town, the gauge moved just off the C,
barely. Is it possible that my engine didn't get that hot, I have the stock
continuous running fan and it was about 65 degrees out.

2.) Does anyone have detailed instructions on how to install a gear shit
Rebush kit? Got one and there are a lot of parts!

3.) What weight oil should be in the Damper piston on the dual SU carbs? I
followed the "Triumphspitfire" web site and put in 10w30, wrong!!!!!! too
thick, doesn't allow the piston to come up enough causing the engine to cut
out!!

Thanks for your help!

Jason
63 Spit with a 1296 from a 69 SPIT mk3