RE: Turn the on headlights, car flicks off?!?! 1980 Spitfire

To: John Weale <jweale@eskimo.com>, spitfires@autox.team.net
Subject: RE: Turn the on headlights, car flicks off?!?! 1980 Spitfire
From: Nick Moseley <nmoseley@comsavings.com>
Date: Mon, 15 May 2000 11:37:45 -0700
John, two suggestions:
First thing I would do is go over all the connections in the fuse box. Make
sure that each of the "tangs" in there is pressing onto the fuse securely.
Had a similar problem, and my fuse box ended up toast before I figured it
out.
2. That doesn't explain the engine cutting out though. My recent fun time
with the solenoid would sugggest that cleaning the ground connections and
other connections to it may help as well.
Hope this helps,

Nick Moseley
(Still smiling because I drove Hermes to work this morning)
(Bear with me, trying out a name. Licence plate initials are HMS, and His
Majesty's Spit is too long, and not me. Hermes I 'm told was a winged
messenger known for speed, so it seems to fit.)