Re: ENGINE SWAPPING

To: reid.w.simmons@intel.com
Subject: Re: ENGINE SWAPPING
From: Bill Gunshannon <bill@cs.scranton.edu>
Date: Thu, 18 May 2000 15:30:29 -0400 (EDT)
According to Simmons, Reid W:

> I agree with Chris in keeping a Spitfire as original as possible.  A
> Spitfire with a non-Triumph engine is no longer a Spitfire.  Putting a Jap
> engine in one (or any other engine for that matter) would be sac religious,
> heretical, satanic, WHITCHCRAFT!!  :-)

Well, I would never consider something as radical as that, but I didn't
get my Spit for others to enjoy, it's strictly for my pleasure.  That
said, while all the parts going into mine will be original (or legitimate
replacement) Triumph, not all of them will be from the same year.  For
example, the heat from the Monza exhaust the DPO had on mine pretty much
destroyed the rear bumber cover.  Being as they are really expensive and
look really bad, I was planning on looking for earlier bumpers from before
they did that to the poor car.  And I may eventually opt for a Weber carb.
I also hope to get and OD trans for it too.  But it will still look very
Triumph even with the hood up. (And for those who didn't realize it, yes,
Webers were available from the factory!!)

bill

bill@cs.scranton.edu     |  and a sheep voting on what's for dinner.
University of Scranton   |