Re: RE: Touring in a Spit - longish

To: spitfires@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: RE: Touring in a Spit - longish
From: Laura.G@141.com (Laura Gharazeddine)
Date: Wed, May 24 2000 12:21:46 GMT-0600
I know I'll get flamed for this, but it's not the big rigs that I don't want to
be on the road with-they obey the laws and speed limits for the most part; they
pay attention to what they're doing and have even watched out for me and let me
in traffic.

The ones I don't like being on the road with are the SUVs-how many SUVs I've
seen on the 405 going 90 mph, in and out of traffic. Tailgating. Driving like
they're the only vehicles on the road or who have the right to be on the road.

And then there are the guys who somehow feel their masculinity being threatened
by being on the road with a woman in a sportscar. (Or any car!)

How many times, I'm driving along, signal on trying to merge for my ramp or
exit, and some jerk in an SUV or some guy in a Toyota (for example) decides
that they have got to try to race and cut me off. And how many times, after
cutting me off do they not even exit!

And how many times I've missed my exit and had to go miles out of my way and
turn around because some jerk cut me off and I couldn't exit-however, this has
never happened to me with a big rig. It's the civilian drivers!

Hey there guys! Letting a woman with a sportscar merge over to her exit doesn't
mean you're any less a man! And SUV drivers! A little courtesy goes a Looong
way!

How many times though, some CHP has come up behind me and I've thought
'Merde!'-only to have him go around me and after some SUV who thinks he/she's
Ricky Racer! I see a lot of SUVs on the side of the road getting tickets, so I
guess that's some consolation.

Laura G.-Rant over, Nomex on.