Wheel Studs

To: "'Spit list'" <spitfires@autox.team.net>
Subject: Wheel Studs
From: Craig Smith <CraigS@iewc.com>
Date: Thu, 25 May 2000 08:55:53 -0500
Had a problem this past weekend with the studs on the front of my 71.

Using my handy dandy air impact wrench I proceeded to ream out all the
grooves in two lug nuts on the front right side.

I did two because I thought I had just started one wrong so I took one from
the rear and tried it on the same stud..

Same result.. STUPID..

I know to get them off you need to remove the disk and beat the studs out.
Now, tell me what not to do so I won't be begging for a used disk after I
miss the stud and break the whole disk.

I am going to replace ALL the front studs while I'm at it. By the way, are
these a standard available part from NAPA or one of the other guys ?

Craig Smith
36 Pelham Ridge Drive
Greenville, SC 29615
800/692-2323 ext. 2105