Body Tub Removal

To: spitfires@autox.team.net
Subject: Body Tub Removal
From: Flinthoof Ponypal <Flinters@picarefy.com>
Date: Mon, 29 May 2000 20:20:01 -0700

The weather is starting to warm up, I've got my shop cleaned up, installed
more lighting and am ready to tear into the Spit some more.  Fuel tank,
steering column, brake and clutch masters disconnected, along with wiring
harness.  I'm just about ready to take the body tub off the frame.

Question:  What's the URL for the Magic 10/12 body bolts to remove?  I
can't remember if it's 10 or 12.  I've got ten marked, but am worried that
there were twelve.  Do the seats need to be removed?

Question:  To prevent the car from folding up like a hinge, obviously some
sort of bracing is necessary across the top of the door jambs.  I was
looking for some convenient holes to mount a piece of 1 1/2" angle iron but
can't find any.  What sorts of provisions have you folks come up with?
It's not a lifting point, but just safety to prevent bending the tub during
removal.

Vegaman Dan
66/69 Spitui!
 |             |   Equinart Studios * Furry Artist * Model Railroader   |
 |     *U*     |   MINTMINTMINTMINTMINTMINTMINTMINTMINTMINTMINTMINT!!   |
 |             |       ConiFur NorthWest '99- Furries in Seattle!       |
 | CONIFUR NW  |   Flinters@picarefy.com * http://jarmac.picarefy.com   |