Re: Rear end leaks

To: "Spitfire List" <spitfires@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Rear end leaks
From: "Graham Stretch" <technical@iwnet.screaming.net>
Date: Thu, 1 Jun 2000 23:27:47 +0100
Yes it is a fill level indicator, it is easier to drain it using a pump and
a small bore tube than to take off the rear cover on a Spit (you need the
diff on the bench first!) I bought a thing that looks like a big syringe
made from a greasegun body with about a 1/2" o/d plastic tube on the end.
After draining clean it out and use it to refill the diff, easier than the
squeezy bottle!

Graham.
2500PI MKII
Sprinted Dolomite