1500 rear spring and axels on a Mk1

To: spitlist@gte.net
Subject: 1500 rear spring and axels on a Mk1
From: SJagGo@aol.com
Date: Wed, 7 Jun 2000 23:20:32 EDT
Greetings:
First off, cost is not a consideration as I have both types of axles,
springs, radius arms, and front roll bars.  I do not have a camber
compensator.
My question is what would be the best configuration using the 1500 rear
spring with a Mk1?  Do I use the longer axles and corresponding radius arms?
I would suppose the only other things to change would be a longer parking
brake cable, shaft flanges, and front roll bar.  Can one stay with the
shorter swing axles.

What difference would there be in the ride?  Probably the only time I might
have a chance to experience tuck-under would be during onramp accelerations.
Should I even consider messing with the original setup?  It would not be a
problem now as the car is totally apart waiting for paint and reassembly.
Thanks,
Bill Brockschmidt