fuel problem T/R 3-A

To: <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: fuel problem T/R 3-A
From: "Fred Thomas" <vafred@erols.com>
Date: Thu, 8 Jun 2000 12:29:07 -0400
Listers, my problem is with a T/R 3, coming back from Illinois the last 100
miles I developed a occasional miss, I thought it might have been a bad
batch of gas, not so, I am not getting gas to the carbs, I pulled the gas
tank looking for rust, none there, all lines are SS, but I still blew them
all out, pulled the shut-off valve off, works as designed, replaced the fuel
pump, same thing, no gas to the carbs, retraced the routing, gas to the
shut-off is fine, gas to the pump is fine, gas out of the pump up to the
carb "only when priming" manually, pulled the fuel pump and put my finger
against the camshaft, and it feels O/K, yet no gas from the pump to the
carb. Could the cam lobe just have finally worn down, is this possible, the
car had been running better than ever before until this. Any and all ideas
accepted.
P/S, I have installed 4 different fuel pumps, all with the same results. The
cam is the only thing left.  "FT"