Overheating solution

To: <spitfires@autox.team.net>
Subject: Overheating solution
From: "Mike Perry" <mikep@michindust.com>
Date: Sun, 11 Jun 2000 13:25:46 -0400
I've accidentally happened on to what I hope is my final solution to my high
temperature in traffic problem....

I had mentioned to my local triumph shop owner/lbc mentor that I was
considering getting the radiator recored in my '72.  He instead sold me
another core from an older model that will bolt right up and is all of 6"
wider.  The hoses apparently will fit as before, but this model does away
with the spacers on each side of the radiator.  I always thought my radiator
looked small!

I'm sure some of the more experienced spitsters know if this, but it was the
first time I had, and with the number of messages regarding overheating that
hit the board, I figured there might be some interest in this.  My new
larger core is out getting recored, so I will report back to the list with
the results.

Mike Perry
72 spit with bits and pieces of several other years...