RE: Still having alternator problems

To: "'Douglas Braun & Nadia Papakonstantinou'" <dougnad@bellatlantic.net>,
Subject: RE: Still having alternator problems
From: "Bowen, Patrick A RP2" <PABowen@sar.med.navy.mil>
Date: Fri, 16 Jun 2000 08:02:06 -0400
Well, Thanks to Doug I think I have the alternator problem solved.  After
checking the wires at the alternator, the brown and Yellow wire right at the
cap was pinched in two.  After checking my spare harness it was the same
way, I am assuming this happens alot due to design.  I fixed that and the
ignition light now works and goes out once the car is started.

The only question I have is that even thought the light went out after
starting I was only reading 12.7 volts with my gauge.  Does that make sense?
or do I need to trade out the alternator as well.  Is the light a good
indication of the alternator charging?

Patrick Bowen