Re: Stromberg intake manifold (reworking)

To: npenney@mde.state.md.us, spitfires@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Stromberg intake manifold (reworking)
From: Tburke4@aol.com
Date: Fri, 16 Jun 2000 14:21:47 EDT
In a message dated 06/16/2000 10:50:59 AM Pacific Daylight Time,
npenney@mde.state.md.us writes:

<< Don't have anything to argue with you for or against the larger
carburetor.  I just don't know which would be more bang for the buck.  Is
nice to know that there is a larger runner manifold out there with the same
outward appearance though.  If I ever find myself needing that for some
reason, I now know of a double stealth power boost, CD 175 and the large
runner manifold.  Hehehe...  Where's my nitros bottle?

FWIW, there was an article written by John Kipping on the Rimmer website that
gave a lot of good information on rebuilding and souping the Spitfire engine.
Among other things, it suggested that a 1500 could benefit from a Mk3 cam and
a larger single Stromberg.

http://www.rimmerbros.co.uk/pracclass/pc2.html

Tom Burke
80 Spit