Re: another distributor question

To: "Chris Pappathopoulos" <ctpappathopo@students.wisc.edu>
Subject: Re: another distributor question
From: "Graham Stretch" <technical@iwnet.screaming.net>
Date: Sat, 17 Jun 2000 16:11:11 +0100
Hi Chris
I wanted a tacho on my Herald, I also did not want the Delco Dizzy so I
looked round at the shows and found a Lucas Dizzy with tacho drive, when I
went to fit it I found that it was for a six cyl, Vittesse or GT6 so I set
about finding someone to swap with, I was then told that the 4 CYL Lucas
Dizzy did not come with a tacho drive. I had a good look and decided there
was no reason why it shouldn't so I stripped a four and the six and made a
4cyl lucas Dizzy with tacho drive, all the bits are interchangeable though I
left the 6 cyl weights and springs and also the vacuum advance gear on the
four, seemed to really suit it as it seemed to go much better.

Graham.