Re: Rear suspension spring

To: simon.halliwell@postoffice.co.uk, spitfires@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Rear suspension spring
From: Fred Griffiths <griffco@mail.cadvision.com>
Date: Fri, 23 Jun 2000 07:34:55 -0600
Hi Simon,
    If it isn't stamped on the clips, then try this:
The BL manual says " assemble the spring with the main leaf into the safety leaf
with the ground edge facing the plain, unstamped legs of the spring clips".

Haynes says" insert the main leaf into the safety leaf so that the ground edge
at
the centre of the main leaf faces the plain unstamped legs of the spring clips
(towards the rear of the car when spring installed)".

That should explain it

Cheers, Fred

--
Fred & Wendy Griffiths,