Re: Radiator Deflectors

To: spitfires@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Radiator Deflectors
From: HD883HUGGR@aol.com
Date: Mon, 26 Jun 2000 03:25:57 EDT
Hi Steve - ditto on the radio deflectors.  Not sure where you're located, but
if you're in a hot climate (I'm in Phoenix) I highly recommend an oil
cooler... at least, at this point.  I just installed one -- car used to
bounce between 1/2 & 3/4 in the fall & spring...right around 1/2 during the
winter... and slightly above 3/4 during the heat of summer.  After installing
the cooler (which was a bit of a bitch) I find that the car has been bouncing
between just above 1/4 to just below 3/4, even when I'm in stop & go traffic
and the temp is 100-105 degrees in the shade.  Since the cooler is still
rather new, I don't have any long-term data, but it sure looks good so far!
I have heard, however, that in cooler climates the oil cooler might tend to
have your Spit running TOO cool during the winter.  Any comments, Listers?
My 2 cents.
Scott (& Hobbs, 77 Spit, daily driver)