RE: Paint originality

To: "'rtgetzinger@scif.com'" <rtgetzinger@scif.com>,
Subject: RE: Paint originality
From: Craig Smith <CraigS@iewc.com>
Date: Thu, 29 Jun 2000 18:12:07 -0500
Rob,

The clear coat thing is nice, looks good, shines nice, but one major thing
is it's DAMN expensive !

I looked at it myself but decided on a Urethane. It went on real nice, the
flow was good and I didn't have any runs.

Most people told me to cut and buff it after I painted it, I went over the
bonnet with 600 grit wet paper and I wish I hadn't. It put swirls in it and
dulled the finish a bit. No one else notices this but I do !
I spent two years on mine just like you did and the paint was a BIG
decision.

I chose a Torch Red which is a GM color for 98 Vettes. I think the code was
72 at a Dupont dealer. The cost for one gallon and an extra quart plus the
activator was around $250.00.

It smelled like hell but I am real satisfied with the outcome.

Good luck with your choice, I anguished over mine for 4 months before I made
the final choice.