Front Suspension

To: <spitfires@autox.team.net>
Subject: Front Suspension
From: "Stephen Hall" <shall@fastpointcom.com>
Date: Mon, 3 Jul 2000 15:30:56 -0400
Alas, I finally got around to bringing my car to a repair shop for an
alignment and front end inspection. It appears that I have some
trouble of which I was unaware: one of my wheel bearings is in
desperate need of replacement and some of my bushings are starting to
crack.. <sigh> Looks like it's time for a major front end overhaul. I
had some really nice driving this weekend, though, and even took the
car to the Black Crows and Jimmy Page concert last night. It ran
flawlessly. I've also developed a bit of an oil leak from the timing
cover/oil seal. More work Still running somewhat hot in the heat, even
with the thermostat replaced and a flushing of the cooling system. I'm
still waiting for my radiator deflector panels to come in. I hope
those will help. Have a great Fourth of July!!

Steve

1970 Spitfire Mk 3