Re: Universal Joint grease fitting

To: Joe Curry <spitlist@gte.net>
Subject: Re: Universal Joint grease fitting
From: Atwell Haines <carbuff@nac.net>
Date: Tue, 04 Jul 2000 16:59:12 -0400
At 11:35 AM 07/04/00 -0700, Joe Curry wrote:
>Atwell,
>Jack up the rear, put the jack stands under the vertical links and lower
>the car onto them.  That way the axles are fairly straight in
>conjunction to the diff and should allow you to screw in the zerks!
>
>Joe,

I thought of that...but how does that change the angle of the
driveshafts?   Isn't the same amount of weight on the rear suspension
whether it is supported by the wheels or the vertical links?

I also tried to jack one wheel at a time... but that was very awkward.

Atwell

"Why are there Interstates in Hawaii?"