Re: Seat foams and electrical no-no

To: spitfires@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Seat foams and electrical no-no
From: Thearthurhsmith@cs.com
Date: Sun, 9 Jul 2000 17:30:16 EDT
wrgingerich@uswest.net writes:

> I've also discovered that the brake light sockets won't withstand a 50 watt
>  halogen bulb.  Eventually the socket melts.  Nothing else seems to be
>  affected.  Guess I'll have to try 35 watt and see.

I may be blowing air up your skirt, and for sure someone will correct me.
Using a halogen bulb is silly and it may be against the law. Why says he.
Your rear lights will be to bright for the cars behind you to see the road
ahead of them. Some will know for sure and will let us know or you can check
with DMV for the regs.