Re: O/D Search

To: david_schenck <david_schenck@email.msn.com>
Subject: Re: O/D Search
From: mark holbrook <rolling_rock_12@yahoo.com>
Date: Mon, 10 Jul 2000 19:04:02 -0700 (PDT)
Oh I didn't realize that you were going to replace the
whole trans, I thought you were just goping to put on
an OD unit.  THat is why I told you to change the main
shaft.  The only thing you need to do is the prop
shaft length.  Anywho, the price for that trans is
about the average you will find.  I got one for $600
for my GT6 and then got it rebuilt, both the trans and
the OD unit.  It cost me but I have no problems with
it, even with LUCAS in charge of the engagement.  I
say go for the OD, it is well worth it.
Mark
1969 GT6+ Convertable
--- david_schenck <david_schenck@email.msn.com> wrote:

> Thanks to everyone who contributed to my last O/D
> swap question.  Now for
> obtaining an actual O/D transmission.  How much does
> a used one go for in
> anywhere from fair to great shape.  I have an seller
> offering one with a bad
> 2nd gear synchro for $750 + shipping.  Sounds a
> little high to me and even
> higher to my wife.  Does anyone have one they would
> like to part with??
>
> Dave
>
> '78 Spit in Baltimore

=====