hazard flasher answer

To: <spitfires@autox.team.net>
Subject: hazard flasher answer
From: "Dave Terrick" <dterrick@home.com>
Date: Tue, 11 Jul 2000 13:01:50 -0500
Hi all,

I've been "otherwise consumed" for a bit and have missed or deleted the
original question.  From today's list it appears someone has a problem with
the hazard circuit - specifically the dash light being "always on" if the
flasher is off, and the light blinking correctly if the circuit is engaged?

Does this sound familiar to anyone?  It does to me, because I just solved
that problem.  My old square 3 prong unit would no longer flash so I bought
a "standard" one that said for up to 6 hazard lights at the local shop.
The problem above ensued.

Not being patient enough to wait for the electrical diagnosis manual (will
order one soon) I ripped into the harness, verified there was no shorts,
etc.

No luck.  So,  I paid a visit to my friend the Moss guy and borrowed a
correct spec flasher off of a Mk II spit.

Problem solved immediately.  All is well.  I think from Moss they are about
$7 US.

Be warned that there must be something "Lucas" about the hazard flasher its
self, because following the current flow diagrams in the factory book, there
was no apparent reason that it should NOT work correctly.

Dave Terrick
Soggy Winnipeg (so much rain I'm glad I have a tin top on the GT6)