crash safety in TR's

To: <spitfires@autox.team.net>
Subject: crash safety in TR's
From: "Dave Terrick" <dterrick@home.com>
Date: Fri, 14 Jul 2000 20:55:36 -0500
Hi all,

Having lived through total in both a TR6 and GT6 (in race mode) I can say
that our cars are, um, wonderful, at being crumple zones.  The TR6 sheared
the body from the frame and got as far as the motor.  The GT6 bent the front
bumper horn, and got as far as the motor, with a cracked bellhousing to
boot.

That said,  I would NEVER want to be in a side impact in these cars,  but so
many of those crashes can be avoided by defensive driving, which IMHO is far
more valuable than air bags, side impact bars, et al.

Dave T
Winnipeg