Re: tires for a 77 1500

To: <spitfires@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: tires for a 77 1500
From: "Reed F. M." <rfm@portalofevil.com>
Date: Sat, 15 Jul 2000 15:58:44 -0400
I'm running 165/60 R13s on the later (79 -80) 5 inch steel
rims. The grip and sidwall stiffness is nice, but it
lowers the car quite a bit, and also reduces the
gear ratio noticably. I wouldn't use tires this small if
you don't have overdrive. The tires rub a tiny bit at full
lock but a spit turns so tight it's usually pushing the
tires by that point anyway. If I have't found 14" wheels
by the time I use these tires up, I think I'll switch
to a slightly taller tire.

The nice thing about the factory spec tires (155/80 13)
is that they are used on virtually every econobox ever made,
so they are super cheap. And you can get totally sideways
at low speeds ;-)

PS: My normal email rfm@collectivecomputing.com is down
for the count. I can now be reached at rfm@portalofevil.com

(Web based email is truely evil.)

--
Reed
rfm@portalofevil.com or sometimes rfm@collectivecomputing.com

http://www.evilemail.com

PortalofEvil.com - Websites by the insane for the insane.