OD leak

To: spitfires@autox.team.net
Subject: OD leak
From: A666K@aol.com
Date: Sun, 16 Jul 2000 11:53:17 EDT
Hey all,
Just finished installing an overdrive over the weekend, everything went
pretty smooth, with a few exceptions here and there. I test ran the car while
on the stands for a minute or so, and it ran fine. When I finally took it of
the stands and out for a test drive I noticed a slight oil leak on the rear
trans mount, down it went onto the exhaust pipe, and back up as smoke. The
problem is that I can't tell where it is coming from, the gear oil is brand
new and to clear to trace. In addition it seems to only occur while in gear
at speed, and possibly only when the OD is on. Any clues what this means? A
point worth mentioning is that the oil in it is Red Line MT90, which seems to
be "thinner" then the hypoid 90 I remember from the old trany, but this could
just be my imagination. Any opinion is welcome, as I cant really think about
transmissions anymore.
Thanks for your advice and support,
Avi