Re: fan clutch

To: "spitfires@autox.team.net" <spitfires@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: fan clutch
From: "alemen@pop.ftconnect.com" <alemen@pop.ftconnect.com>
Date: Tue, 18 Jul 2000 16:48:49 -0400
Ron you probably will find it's the bearing in the clutch but one can never be
sure until you take it out and it's on it's own. If your're not desparate you
can always take it out and see....

I was thinking that you might be able to see if you can feel the end of the
pulley shaft running through the center of the clutch. It's an extremely tight
push fit (like a real hammer off and on job) over the tolerance ring. So if
there is still movement but nothing at the shaft fit it's most likely the
actual fan clutch. My tolerance ring was like brand new after 24 years.

Alan