Differential hop

To: spitfires@autox.team.net
Subject: Differential hop
From: mark holbrook <rolling_rock_12@yahoo.com>
Date: Thu, 20 Jul 2000 14:01:54 -0700 (PDT)
I am really stumped on this "hop" I have on my GT6.
When I am moving from a dead stop in my car, the diff
seems to jump or hop a bit until the car gets moving.
I was thinking it would either be a UJ or some diff
mounts.  The UJ idea I think is ruled out because I
can shift hard and not get any clunk or hop.  The only
time the hop happens is when I am in a dead stop and
staring in first gear, or reverse.  This hop has been
a bit noticable before but only when I am reversing,
now it is starting to happen in my forward gear.  Does
anyone have an idea of what this is and how I would
fix it?  Thanks for your help.
Mark Holbrook
1969 GT6+ Convertable

=====