Spruce up your wiper motor!

To: <spitfires@autox.team.net>
Subject: Spruce up your wiper motor!
From: "Jeff McNeal" <jmcneal@ohms.com>
Date: Thu, 27 Jul 2000 11:02:00 -0700
Greetings, all.  I think this may have been the longest stretch that I
haven't driven my Spitfire (about 2 weeks now?), even though I am able to do
so.  I'm still troubled by some strange clicking sounds in the front/rear
wheels that are bothering me.  They occur only during braking or sharp
deceleration and I've been too busy with the rest of my life to crawl under
the car again and try to determine the source of the slop.  I'm assuming
that when I replace all the bushings in the suspension this fall, that
should cure the problem.

I have however, taken a Saturday to refinish my wiper motor, which was
really an eyesore (as the before and after photos illustrate).  Now, it
looks brand new and although it may not be "original spec" (I don't believe
the wiper motor was painted originally), the motor has a good, attractive
coat of two-tone rust prevention and is really quite attractive now.
Details at www.ohms.com/spitfire/wiper.shtml for anyone who is interested on
how to remove and refinish their wiper motors.  I've also added a new
"fantasy" Mk3 ad to the site based on some recent photos I've taken.
http://www.ohms.com/spitfire/ads.shtml

Best wishes,

Jeff in San Diego

'67 RHD Spitfire Mk3 aka "Mrs. Jones"
home of the NEW Totally Triumph Auction
and... The Triumph Autos/Parts Wanted Listings
http://www.ohms.com/cgi-bin/TRwanted.cgi
...plus a few other surprises!